Monday, November 14, 2011

In Place

Ok, this is one method for changing the fulcrum. Or, perhaps more precisely, the direction the rock is being moved.  If I had continued to try to pull it "straight," towards the tree which was the anchor, the chain would have simply slipped off the "point" of the rock.  So this way, I was able to lift it up, and the chain stayed on the rock. 


Needless to say the skid did some creaking, and it did sort of bend, but it tells you something that it didn't break, snap or splinter.

The final positioning was done using just a good ol' "rock bar." I don't think I bent it, but there was a moment or two when I thought that that might happen. 

And this shot is misleading because the rock is not pie-shaped, but you get a better sense of the size with the dog in the picture for scale.  The flat front will be right in line with the face of the wall. 

Will try to get a good shot of the mica glinting in the sun, and the nice top which even has a some nice moss on it.



All in all, this only provided a couple of hours of distraction. I think I spent more time talking about it than actually moving it.  Though it does make you appreciate doing things "the old fashioned way." Point made.

No comments: