Leaving next week, but need to do a big training ride this weekend and I need to get the rig all suited up and ready to go.
Which also means figuring out what I need and where to put it.
I will not be carrying a Camelbak.
So here's what I have:
a spare tube strapped to the headset and a pump with a CO2 dispenser on the toptube,
another spare tube and some tire levers,
an extra water bottle and CO2,
And then in the shirt pocket, some food, some anti-cramp tabs, another tube, a quick link, a small multi-tool and a small chain tool. (The chain tool is a sign that I may be going way too far...)
I know three tubes sounds like a lot, but at the Fondo last year I went through 3 tubes in the space of about 5 miles. I'm happy to carry them and not need them!
I think that they have aid stations about every 10 miles so three bottles may be overdoing it too, but that's ok, just that many fewer stops. And if it's hot, I am going to want to have plenty of water!
I will probably have water in just one bottle, maybe some "fuel" in another and maybe some weak Gatorade or something like that in the last one, just to break up the monotony.
May have a light rain shell back there too, depending on the weather. My amazingly-super-small one. Other than that, that should be about it. If I need "arm warmers" in the morning, my sun sleeves should do the trick and I would leave them on all day, so no stowage needed.
I think that's it.
We'll see how it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment