Friday, December 29, 2017

Yes, this will probably be the only post of 2017.
That's either a good thing or a bad thing.
Or neither.
Or both.
Be that as it may, I think that I am going to try to start this up again.
Not bcause I have so much wonderful important stuff to say, but rather because I sort of feel like writing. And yet I never do.
I imagine sitting by the lake and writing.
I imagine wrtiing songs, and poetry and memories worthy of sharing.
I imagine whole alternate personalities who write copious amounts of provacative material, ala Steven Colbert. Seeing how far the right wing nut jobs will go along in agreement.
Or even trying to (learn and) write some code.
It's not that I want to go back to school, it's that I want to continue to figure things out, to learn new things, to figure out new applications for existing things.
Not looking to get rich, just to stay engaged. Or perhaps I am missing the righteousness of my old job more than I realize, despite the similarities to what I am currently doing.
Not sure...
And what would I do if I had all day? Would more get done? More what? Anything good? Sounds a bit like someone is lost? Yea, maybe...a bit.
On the other hand, maybe it's accepting that it's time for a change is harder than I thought...and harder still when others are still running at the same speed she has for 27 years...it's hard to be the first one to back off...

Not that this space is for all of that, but perhaps a longer format than a link to an article, or a cool picture on fb...I do sort of miss what fb used to be, keep sort of hoping it will return, though clearly that is a vain hope...oh well, let's see what we can build on our own in 2018...maybe.

No comments: