So after many retellings, the story is starting to coalesce and with a couple more appointments behind me, the details are starting to fill in. It’s odd though, how sometimes, the retelling is pretty matter of fact, and other times it’s much more emotional. Not sure what the difference is…
It’s also funny because the complexity of it all is so over the top as to be pretty humorous. Especially when the story starts with, not one, but two root canals. It’s sort of like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, it just goes on and on and on…
I received via US post, a notice that I needed to have a couple of chest xrays taken. I went on-line to the portal and was able to schedule an appointment for 45 minutes later. Pretty sweet system. And being at 6:30 at night, the traffic was minimal. And their new facility being so close is also really nice. How close, you ask? I left my house, parked, had two xrays, and returned home. The total elapsed time was 30 minutes. Pretty freaking sweet!
My friend D is, out of necessity, something of an amateur medical researcher/sleuth so it doesn’t take much to engage her curiosity, which is beneficial for me. And it’s funny because someone else I was speaking to, she said that as soon as we hung up the phone, that she went on-line to see what they do with the muscles that attach to the fibula! Everyone has lots of questions. Saves me a bunch of googling… If you want to know more, the thing to search for is Mandibulectomy and Fibula Free Flap Reconstruction.
And not to be too morbid, but yea, I need to work on “getting my affairs in order” just in case…
No comments:
Post a Comment