Monday, April 25, 2022

Morning Coffee


 Every once in a while I take a break from drinking coffee in the morning, but not very often.

When an afternoon headache reminds me that I didn't drink coffee in the morning, that is something of a sign to me that I need take a break from coffee completely for a while.

The machine is automatic, so it's not like there is a ton of ritualistic behaviour, but still...

After disposing of my breakfast dishes, carrying the cup to the table, I am reminded about how fortunate I am. Fortunate to be able to sit with a cup of coffee and think about the day ahead. How fortunate I am to have a roof over my head and good health. 

It seems to be the one moment of the day when things, if not stop, then at least pause and open up before you. And maybe that's not really the coffee's doing, it's just how things work.

But it's a nice moment, and I thought I'd share it with you.

No comments: