
Here is a toy out of my family's past...don't kow too many other kids who had one of these. It's actually pretty interesting when you think about the prohibition on guns and other weapons in our house, that we had one of these things.
This thing used to make a pretty good bang. And I think we used to put a wad of aluminum foil in the barrel and shoot it across the yard. Even though I'm pretty sure that that sort of thing was not part of the instructions. I remember sitting in the concrete well outside the laundry room door, pretending I was behind the bunker, shooting this thing. What a blast!!
Amazing that 40 or 50 years later and it still looks exactly the same. Maybe the manufacturer's claims that "Made of all cast iron, from the original tooling" is true. Not sure how long it would keep my kids entertained, but I'm sort of inclined to find out...
No comments:
Post a Comment