Stopped by Jeff's last night to borrow his touring bike for our Erie Canal Adventure with the Old Man. Jeff was just back from a week of gigs with his teenage rock band. Everyone was whipped, including him. Something like 7 shows in 8 days.

Anyway, picked up the rig. Looks something like this one except its got nice sweeping bars with Ergons. Just need to put the saddle down a bit, I think Jeff is 6'4", and we should be good to go. I'm also breaking in his Brooks for him, too. Though three years rather than three days is probably closer to the break-in period for a Brooks saddle. I'll miss the fun of not doing it on my Grove, but hey, you can't be a rebel all the time. Yea, he's got the fenders and everything, the whole magilla. We be stylin'.
I also took his two rear panniers, so suddenly it's no longer a challenge to try to pack for three days using just my camelbak. Oh well, we'll find other sport.
Doing a lot of thinking, post-Breck, stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment