Friday, August 7, 2009

Music


Someone recently asked me where they can hear new good music.

I forget who asked the question, but here are my three answers. Now this might not be the best place to hear only new music, but this is a good start of hearing music and other things that you've never heard before.


1. WXPN from the University of Pennsylvania


2. WFMU from the bowels of some building, somewhere in the Northeast.


3. Little Stevie's Underground Garage on satellite radio.


Now I can promise that you won't like everything you hear on these stations, but in my mind, that is the point. At least you will hear things that are interesting, things that might even make you think.


I am too young and missed the golden days of FM radio, back when it was furtive, subversive and just starting out. But I use to listen to WFMU back in junior high school with a little of that same sense of "What is gonna happen next?" It has not changed. It is still the same. It is unique and unpredictable. Enjoy.

No comments: