This is the time of year when, if I really need to get something done, I'm probably gonna end up doing it after dinner. And if it is an outside job, raking or digging a ditch, then I'm probably gonna be working through twilight.
So it was as I tried to finish a job that I interupted on Sunday in order to go off to a wedding. Digging a catch basin and a drainage system to carry water away from the base of a downspout and over to the neighbors, er, off onto the downhill side of the property.
If you're honest, you don't really need a lot of light to dig a ditch that is adequate for 4" flexible pipe. It just needs to be generally graded downhill. So I finished putting the pieces together in the last of the light and managed to get a couple of wheelbarrows of gravel down. Tonight I did a little more digging on the neigh..., er, on the edge of the property and got another two wheelbarrows of gravel in. Should be able to finish it up this weekend, though I will need to figure out where to put all the dirt that has been displaced by pipe and gravel.
I had two yards of 1.5" clean gravel delivered Monday, so that's helpful. There will probably be a bunch left over, but since it is in "the driveway" it's not a problem. And then, whenever I need some gravel, I just scrape a layer off the driveway. What a system.
Need to ride more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment