
Looks like I missed a couple when I was harvesting potatoes in the fall. I found these little guys when I was turning over the garden today.
If you've never planted potatoes, I can tell you that harvesting them is the best! You get to just dig through the earth with your bare hands, searching for gold! The soil needs to be loose and clear so that the potatoes can develop nicely, and part of the result is that it is very easy to dig through when it comes time for harvesting.
So I got in a good training ride this morning, then mowed the lawn, then I got the garden turned over. Wanted to do all those things before the rain moves in this evening. So now I just need to get some tomatoes into the ground and get some potatoes and one or two other little things planted, and we should be all set. Oh, but now that we have a new dog, I may need to rig up a fence...dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment