Got the garden fence in, had exactly the right amount of fence. Well, ok, I moved one corner in a little bit to shorten it up by about 5 inches, but other than that, it was perfect. I can easily step over it, but it should keep the bunnies out. Not sure what the dog will do...she does like to tear around the back yard. And in case you haven't seen it, she can easily jump up and get her head as high as B's, I swear she is part gazelle or springbok or something, so it will not keep her out but hopefully it will send her the message.
Got the tomato plants into the ground too, though Andrew says he waits until Mother's Day, just out of superstition. I'll keep an eye on the temperatures and protect them if it looks like we're gonna get a cold snap. Need to find some seed potatoes to plant, and a few other little things.
I also tore out the insidiouosly invasive mint that had taken over the "planter" by the back door. I saved some of the less insidious mint (there had been three varieties that I planted there) and have put it into a pot. I think it was just the one varity that was the worst, but boy, it sure did make an absolute mat and prevent anything else from growing there. Sorry to say, but good riddance.
Need to lay in the bamboo to build the tomato cages with. That is always the best part. Free-form building that contraption to provide support.
And, with a little advice from Andrew, which was when he mentioned his superstitions about tomatoes, I managed to true my rear wheel which was in bad shape. It needed it's first tuning since being built. It was actually fun, but maybe that's just cuz it cooperated. I brought all the tensions on the one side up a bit, got them all the same. Then did the same for the other side. The mechanics of it all is very fascinating and very complex. Spokes going different directions, drive-side and non-drive-side, pulling and pushing, different loads under breaking and under acceleration...just amazing that it all works at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment