Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stoopid 2


Well, not sure what else to say at this point...it was long and hot and after the brutal hike-a-bike in the 99% humidity, I was thinking of ways to quit for the next 10 or 15 miles...


There were lots of long climbs, lots of technical sections, all of which become much more difficult when you are tired and wiped, and facing another 20 or 30 miles of the same...


But I ended up finishing almost mid pack which was pretty good. The Moots really rolled on the downhills so that was nice. Didn't miss the full suspension too much. In fact, this was something of a test for Breck and I guess it passed, though one 7-hour day is a lot different from six 6-hour days... Did I mention that she really rolled on the downhills? And since half of almost every ride is downhill, that's good.


There was one point when my head was just hurting from the heat and the effort etc, and so I stopped a stream crossing in the middle of this hemlock forest and soaked my head in the cold water. That was great!


And although he got there about 3 hours before I did, here's the last mile or so of the ride as done by the winner. Note that THIS section is all downhill!
So the road to Breck 2010 continues...

No comments: