Photo courtesy of http://www.the508.com/
Not much to report, no deep thoughts or observations...
Posted up my application for the 508 last week.
Then when I went to sign up for their newsletter, there were a whole bunch of warnings about not subscribing using a Yahoo email account...of course, I had used my Yahoo account to register for the race, so that is where my acceptance notice would come to.
And they only give you about 7 days to respond to their email when you have been accepted so...just one more reason this may all come to naught.
It was funny, because my enthusiam level sort of waned a bit before I took the plunge and submitted the application. I guess I was thinking that I should at least apply, I can always turn it down if I don't feel like doing it. Or I can let them keep half my money if I decide to pull out before August. I'm not usually this conditional...but I do like to keep my options open...
It's funny though, it's not really the race I am scared of, and the logistics would be a fun challenge, not to mention saying that I did it, or that at least that I tried... And I know that no one will give me grief if I were to bail, but still...I'm torn between a) wanting to push it through the night, through the desert, see how close I can come and b) meh. If I don't do it, no big deal.
But boy, it could be fun...
I guess the one thing I don't like is that I NEED other folks. Cannot do this race "solo unsupported." So other than my brother Denver and maybe his wife, it seems like it could be a pretty big imposition to ask of someone. And hey, at least I'd be riding my bike. They will all be stuck driving 10 mph through the Mojave bored out of their skulls. (How much food and water does someone sitting in a van for 48 hours need?)
Oh well, we sit and wait, and check our email...

1 comment:
Maybe I would help you out if someone somewhere could help me out!!
Post a Comment