Friday, September 2, 2011

Breck 2011

So after all the excitement of this years Breck Epic, there were a number of thoughts that just kept swirling through my head.  Though let me just say first that Kristi's arm (and the rest of her) is fine. Note also that all of the various pictures of her arm include a huge grin on her face (except the one where she is snarling and looking tough).

I kept thinking about KO's arm, and the phrase "backwoods tourniquette" ...





























I kept thinking about my dislocated pinky on that first year and getting knocked out of the race pretty early on.














I kept thinking about KO's arm and my crash on the top of Wheeler (who crashes at the TOP of a mountain anyway?).







And how amazing it was when I landed that my first thought was "Wow, these bushes didn't LOOK this soft!" I was lucky.


And I kept thinking about Friday's Gold Dust loop and the total bliss of that final long crank up Boreas Pass, even catching the Yeti Bettys, and then a couple of genuine "Luke Skywalker" moments on the final section of single track heading back to the Start/Finish.
 


Man, that was some good stuff. 
 
The long push up Little French and the very nasty initial climb to the top of Breckenridge ski area, not so much...
 

But all in all, the Breck Epic is an amazing week of riding that leaves you feeling pretty darn good on Friday afternoon.
 
 

I'm looking forward to 2012...

No comments: