Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Up the Down Staircase

So I had the box spring about halfway down the stairs not quite lodged in the turn of the stairs when it occurs to me to ask B what the plan is for this thing. The mattress had see more than it's share of years and they were both going out. For good.

I always start with the box spring because it's lighter. And even though it doesn't bend, it's easier to deal with because it is less like dealing with a very large, very flat corpse which is essentially what a mattress is.

So when the box spring doesn't turn the corner so well, and since I'm doing this alone, and since I now have the green light to toss this thing, instead of going down the stairs, as if I could, I pull it back up and back into our bedroom. From there, I simply open the double doors onto the roof of the garage, drag it out and heave the thing over the railing and into the corner of the back yard.  (For all you southerners, the story does not end there, and no, we have no cars up on blocks in our yard neither.)

The mattress follows the box spring and they are both then hauled the remaining 10 feet to the curb. Nice.

So we're back to sleeping on the floor on just a mattress.  It feels a little like my post-college days, but given that this is a tempurpedic mattress, not really. Not sure when Misha will have our new bed done, but that's ok.  This mattress was on sale for a deep discount and so it didn't make any sense to wait. And once it was in the house, the only logical place to put was, well, in the bedroom.

There is a picture of the new bed to be made floating around somewhere, but I'm not sure where.  Will post up some picts if any are forthcoming from the shop, but will definitely post 'em once the bed arrives.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: