Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Still thinking about the CTR...
Reasons I think I Can Do It:
I can pace myself
I go until I can't
I recover pretty quickly
I tend to over-prepare
I have access to the resources I need
Things that scare me (an incomplete list):
Running out of water
Having to be helicoptered out
Navigation errors
Animals at night
Being overcome by an all enveloping loneliness
Being overwhelmed by a feeling that it is pointless, petty and silly
It's No Big Deal, but:
I wish I was faster
I wish I had more confidence in my mechanical abilities
I don't want to "fail" even though at least HALF of this journey will be just getting to the start line
....
But I fall asleep every night thiking about heading out into the woods, knowing that there is no bed in my future and that I will must be prepared to simply curl up on the side of the trail...
I tried this on a road trip before and it didn't really go so well...
It's like pedaling to Carnegie Hall...
Need to practice, practice, practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment