Sunday, September 17, 2023

Montana



Going back over these photos...no, that's not right because I noticed it right from the start.

It's funny that I went to one of the most popular National Parks, known for it's gorgeous mountains and stunning scenery, and most of my photos are of rocks and water. I'm guessing that this is fairly revealing, but of what exactly, I'm not sure.



Flathead Lake


Shoreline, Flathead Lake


Flathead Lake

A couple of things I noticed, I thought that the lakes we saw were all fairly flat. Large lakes, but the edges were gently lapping, and there was very little wind causing waves out there. Maybe a meteorological coincidence, but I don't know... Maybe in NH, the wind is channeled by the hills and so the lake is more often subject to waves from wind. Maybe being out in the more exposed plains...I don't know...

The other thing I noticed is the huge variety of color in all of the well-worn little pebbles that make up the waters edge. So I have lots of pictures of the pebbles, in and out of the water. The variety of color was simply amazing. It just struck me as odd that there would be so much variety within this small area. Why? How? This is definitely not like the granite mountains of NH. Sure there are other types of stone in there, too, but the variety of color was just amazing.

McDonald Creek

I did also take some photos of the house and grounds where we stayed, but as it is a private residence, I don't think that I'm going post many of those.


Whitefish Lake


Lake McDonald




Red Pine in the front yard

Whitefish Lake








No comments: