Friday, September 1, 2023

Some pictures



I don't know how many of these pictures have seen the light of day. They are not in chronological order.
It's funny because, in some ways, the scale of my work has changed. From 8 feet, to 18 feet, to 3 feet, down to less than a foot with the latest pieces. The latest pieces being kitchen implements that are not pictured here.

My motivations change, but the combination of the aesthetic form and the natural beauty of the wood...put them together and I hope the result is something that is both pleasing and beautiful. Though I will be quick to point out that I do not deserve credit for the beauty of the materials, someone else gets credit for that.

I do have a couple of other ideas yet, so we'll see what comes next...

(See photo acknowledgments at the bottom.)































It was an interesting learning experience watching Samuel take the studio pictures of these finished pieces. I now understand the importance of lighting. Not just of light, but HOW the piece is lit. Fascinating. The studio shots and the shots with me in them, were taken by Samuel Bowen, SMBPhoto.com

The other interesting thing is the inadequacy of trying to commit a three dimensional piece to two dimensions. There is always have of the piece which is left unseen, and for some of these pieces, it's closer to seventy five percent. But perhaps that is a discussion for another day.


No comments: