So four weeks post-surgery:
I can walk.
I can talk.
I can sleep in a regular bed.
I can sort of drink from a cup.
I’ve even done a couple of short sessions on the bike in the trainer.
We’re a long way from the finish line, but I’ll take it.
I've also been able to do some baking, but when you can't just throw any food you want into your pie-hole because it all needs to be pureed, there tends to be a lot of time spent thinking about "meal prep" or making sure that there is the proper food on hand.
And no, bread is not "the proper food." One was for B and the other for the neighbor with the snowblower. But I did sort of cheat. I made a slice of toast, then cubed it up like "croutons" and let them soak in the soup and I was able to gum them down, so I got the flavor.
But we're hanging in there, and still grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment