Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Monday

Monday was a rough day.

I’ve never had constipation before and it was pretty horrible.

It reminded me of the stories of my brother-in-law’s battle passing a kidney stone.

I will never make fun of laxative commercials again.

But before the day was over, I managed to eat some real food.

I hard boiled some eggs, then mashed them up into a type of “egg salad.” Perfect consistency for the current state of functioning of my mouth.

And the next morning I ate the third egg, salad’ed up, sort of like a deviled egg.



And I also stepped up to the Vitamix. Made a little test smoothie out of a banana, a cup of blueberries, and some oj. Not bad. Need to get a bit more creative, though because I don’t think eating just fruit is ok. I think I need a dietician friend to come visit. 

I then ate almost a cup of butternut squash. It’s mashed (no Vitamix required) with butter and a little spice just like how I like it on Thanksgiving, or whenever, so that was almost “normal.” So it seems like the door to “normal” food has been opened.

Hoping that this will help everything go more smoothly. 'Nuff said.

No comments: